Catholic Schoolhouse Remote Chapters
A place to belong--Remotely
At Catholic Schoolhouse Remote, we bring families together virtually, allowing them to share and experience immersion in a loving Catholic Community–a community that strives to grow in virtue and holiness. Together we encounter the true, good, and beautiful while forming tomorrow’s Catholic adults to be light in the world.
Catholic Schoolhouse Remote Community
Catholic Schoolhouse virtual communities share the mission of our in-person chapters–to share Catholic culture while supporting one another on your homeschool journey.
You will be placed in a community with 10-20 other families–large enough to have the peers you need, small enough to really know each other.
Students will have social opportunities in addition to parent facilitated sessions.
Remote Online Sessions
Grammar students will meet weekly to engage in memory work activities, stories, and games according to that week’s Tour Guide. We know screen time is exhausting, so our time together will be a mix of learning styles and activities . . . and breaks.
Parent involvement makes these family-based sessions fruitful and fun. All parents and all ages participate together in a one-room schoolhouse in your home. No running from room to room on multiple devices!
Fine arts and hands-on science make kids eager for CSH day! Supply lists will be provided so you can be ready to paint, draw and experiment.
Upper-level student sessions follow the CSH Chapter Upper Level Program. Topically integrated with the the Tour being studied, sessions focus on those skills that need to be practiced–speaking, debate, discussions–helping your student develop into a Catholic adult, ready to change the world.
Meetup Schedule - Option A
Upper Level: Tuesday
Times: To facilitate all time zones–our meeting time will be morning in the west, mid-day in the east. Includes scheduled breaks.
Meetup Schedule - Option B
Meeting days: TBD
Meeting times, if available:
Benefits of CSH Remote
Benefits for Parents
- Authentically Catholic program for your children
- Sharing and curriculum planning with other Catholic Schoolhouse families
- Life-long friendships to meet during travels
- Access and consistency for families that live in remote locations, travel, or are relocating
- Catholic Memory Work for all academic subjects
- Spine (scope and sequence) you can trust to build your dream school for elementary years
- Flexibility to teach the way your family learns–parents are the primary educators of their children
- Select a program that suits your family for the developmental subjects of math and language
- Upper Level program to engage your middle and high-school students
- and more
Benefits for Children
- Consistent Peer Group
- See other faces with an online web-conference format
- Life-long friendships from around the country
- Positive peer pressure to study harder and challenge each other
- Learn online skills and virtue
- Presentation opportunities to grow speaking confidence and skill
- Virtual fieldtrips
- Social events and games
- Compete for Super Scholar; Truth, Goodness, Beauty Award, and more
- learn more benefits
Still not sure where to start with your homeschool?
Catholic Schoolhouse was founded in 2007 to enhance education in the grammar stage by providing classical memory work for the Catholic homeschool. Going beyond simple memory work, the developers enlisted experts in all areas of study and a wide variety of resources, Catholic and secular, homeschool and non-homeschool to determine what information is typically encountered during the elementary school years (K-8).
Individual families, chapters and co-ops are able to succeed, bring family unity to teaching, and belong to a greater Catholic community with Catholic Schoolhouse.
Catholic Schoolhouse is loyal to the magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church.