Catholic Schoolhouse Tour 1 American Art presents art history, projects, and skills in a stand-alone art program usable with any curricula. Use as a stand-alone art program at home or in your co-op.
Tour 1 Art Program will take you on a journey through American art and artists.
Features Native American Art, Thomas Cole and the Hudson River School, John James Audubon, Pioneer Quilts, Winslow Homer, Mary Cassatt, Alexander Calder and Eric Carle.
- 24 lessons, spiral bound for ease of use
- Full-page high-quality images of 8 feature artworks and 16 corresponding supplemental works
- 57 pages, printed in full color in the USA on heavy-weight paper for durability–no image bleed through, spiral bound.
- Organized into 8 units per year–2 three-week units per quarter–with quarterly artist introductions
- Integrated with the Catholic Schoolhouse Timeline
- Art history, projects, and skills integrated in a stand-alone art program usable with any curricula
- Variety of media exposes students to a breadth of art techniques and materials
- Indexed supply lists makes gathering supplies easy
- Tour I special emphasis is on drawing skills and the 7 elements of art – line, shape, color, form, space, texture, and value.
- Each week presents a featured artwork, included in full color in the guide, background for the teacher, and complete project instructions, all from a Catholic perspective.
- Also included are tips for the teacher on how to teach art, encourage students, and maintain a good classroom environment for “artists” at a variety of ages. Designed for grammar stage (elementary) and middle school students.
Integrates with Catholic Schoolhouse Tour 1 or as a stand-alone art program usable with any curricula at home or in your co-op.