Catholic Schoolhouse’s hands-on Science Program gives students a discovery-based experience through a variety of experiments, projects, and demonstrations.
Tour 2 Units: Botany, Astronomy (Space), Chemistry, and Sound & Light
Students will learn what a dichotomous key is while identifying trees, walk through the solar system to experience its enormous size, make their own polymer, see sound waves, and much more.
- 24 hands-on activities presented in a lay-flat, 57-page, heavy-weight paper spiral-bound book
- Discovery-based experience to enhance scientific skills and observations
- Background information for the teacher
- Step-by-step instructions for a variety of experiments, projects, and demonstrations.
- 4 six-week units facilitate lesson planning
- Weekly activities integrated with the Catholic Schoolhouse science memory work
- Memory sentence printed with each lesson for easy reference
- Indexed supply lists make gathering supplies easy
- Appendix with full-color printables
- Written for small groups, yet very suitable for at-home use, especially with a multi-age family where all ages can join in together
- Tips for the teacher to ensure a smooth-running science class and encourage students to become the best “scientists” they can be
- Older students with little prior science background will also benefit and enjoy the program.
Printed in full color in the USA.
Integrates with Catholic Schoolhouse Tour 2 or use as a stand-alone homeschool activity guide, with your co-op, or with your CSH Chapter.